With our “meem As’hal” program we offer you the option to install your meem Credit Card purchases, whether Online/Offline, with any currency in easy, equal monthly instalments over a period up to 12 months.
How can I convert my purchases to meem As-hal Program? You can convert your purchases using meem credit card into equal monthly instalments at 0% through the SMS received within maximum of 48 hours from receiving the SMS.
What is the minimum purchase amount to be eligible for meem As-hal Program? 1,000 SAR.
Are there any fees for converting transactions to meem As-hal Program? No, there are no fees.
Are converted transactions included in the Cashback Program? No, they are not.
Can online transactions be converted to meem As-hal Program? Yes, as long as the purchase amount is equivalent to 1,000 SAR or more.
Can Non-SAR transactions be converted to meem As-hal Program? Yes, as long as the purchase amount is equivalent to 1,000 SAR or more.
How many transactions are allowed to be converted to meem As-hal Program? There is no limit on the number of transactions, as long as it is within the credit limit.
What are the time periods available for meem As-hal Program? Program tenures are 3, 6, 9 or 12 months and cannot be changed after submitting the application.
Can I cancel my meem As-hal Program transactions? No. but you can – at any time- settle the due amounts.
How can I convert a transaction if I did not receive the SMS? You can reach out to meem Contact Centre after 48 hours from time of transaction.
Terms & Conditions of “meem as-hal” Program
Before you apply for “meem as-hal” Program on your credit card, please review these Terms of Service and The Terms & Conditions you have agreed upon when issuing your credit card and The Terms & Conditions when you became a customer of the Bank (The “General Provisions”). As well as any additional Terms and Conditions that we issue from time to time, which together constitute our agreement with you (the “Agreement”). Your acceptance and use of this service constitutes your acceptance of these terms.
Definitions and Interpretations:
“Qualified Purchase” means a purchase by the Cardholder or the Supplementary Cardholder of any commodity or service from any commercial outlet in KSA or worldwide (excluding cash withdrawals), for SAR 1,000 or more (or what equates to in other currencies), using the meem Credit Card issued by Gulf International Bank.
“The Principal Amount of the meem As-hal Plan” is the amount of the transaction made by the Credit Card Holders in the invoice’s currency relating to the Qualified Purchase which the Cardholder agrees to transfer to a non-profit installment plan by following the instructions sent via SMS within maximum of 48 hours of receiving the SMS.
“Installment Period” Means the number of calendar months. The applicable and valid periods are 3 or 6 or 9 or 12 months.
“Outstanding Installment” The principal installment amount, plus (if necessary) the delay fees and the interest rate relating to unpaid installment(s)
“Monthly Installment” The principal amount of the meem as-hal plan, divided by the installment period.
“Statement Date” The creation date of the statement that appears in the card statement.
1. This service is available for purchases from Points of Sale – inside and outside the borders of The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia – and electronic websites in SAR and Non-SAR.
2. If the customer wants to benefit from meem As-hal Program, this has to be done through the SMS sent to the customer’s telephone number within 48 hours of receiving the SMS.
3. There are no fees for availing this program.
4. When the installments tenure is confirmed, this tenure cannot be changed after the application has been submitted.
5. Purchases converted to meem As-hal Program cannot be reversed once application has been submitted.
6. Purchases converted to the meem As-hal Program are excluded from the CashBack program.
7. SADAD Bill Payments, as well as purchases done through SADAD accounts are excluded from the program.
8. From the date of converting the purchase to meem As-hal Program to the end of the chosen tenure, the monthly installment will be due on the same billing cycle as non-converted purchases. And the remaining converted amount will be without a profit rate.
9. If the cardholder wishes to close the credit card account before the end of any installment period, the unpaid installments will be considered due and will be added to the outstanding amounts on the card. We may charge early payment fees as we deem appropriate, which will be payable immediately.
10. The Bank is entitled – at any time- to amend and/or terminate The Terms & Conditions of meem As-hal Program. So that it is effective thirty (30) days from the date of issuing the notice to the Cardholder.
11. The Bank shall not be responsible for the refusal of any commercial entity to accept the Card and shall not be liable in any way for any complaints or disputes relating to the goods and services provided to the Cardholder. The Cardholder alone shall be responsible for resolving such disputes with the other parties.
12. Late Payment Fees will be applied if the outstanding installment is not paid within the specified period and interest rate will be charged (if applicable) on the outstanding amounts after the expiry of the installment period.
13. For Non-SAR transactions, exchange rate used will be the rate at the time of the transaction.